- Provides a straightforward simplified, richly illustrated listing of every Great Britain stamp from the famous Penny Black up to the end of 2021.
- Your complete introduction to GB stamp collecting.
- All commemorative designs illustrated.
- A handy self-contained reference guide for the collector.
- A helpful introduction with advice on how to build a collection, choose an album and mount stamps, survey guide to philatelic accessories and the Stanley Gibbons numbering
- Regional stamps of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales included.
- Pre-postal independence issues of Isle of Man (1958-71), Guernsey (1941-69) and Jersey (1941-69), including the war time occupation issues of Guernsey and Jersey.
- First day covers for definitives from 1936, regionals and all special issues listed and priced.
- Visible plate numbers on the Victorian issues are listed.
- Graphite lined and phosphor issues are included system.
- Watermark and perforation differences included.
- Post Office year books, PHQ cards, postage dues, official stamps, commemorative and traffic light gutter pairs and much more.
- Design index for commemorative issues from 1924 to aid stamp identification.
- Quick-reference listing of all Prestige Stamp Booklets, 1969-2021.
Detailed Contents/Countries Covered
Great Britain, 1840–2021
- Regional Issues:
- Northern Ireland
- Isle of Man, 1958-71
- Channel Islands
- General Issue, 1948
- Guernsey, 1941-69
- Jersey, 1941-69
- Postage Due Stamps
- Royal Mail Postage Labels
- Official Stamps
- Post & Go Stamps
- Philatelic, Numismatic and Philatelic Medallic Covers issued by Royal Mail
- Quick-reference priced listing of Prestige Stamp Booklets
NEW FOR THIS EDITION:
- Complete listings of all 2021 issues.
- Prices have been carefully reviewed throughout.
- Style and content brought in line with the Great Britain Concise stamp catalogue, giving greater consistency between our catalogues and considerably more technical information for collectors.