New for this edition
- Complete listings of all 2020 issues.
- Prices have been carefully reviewed throughout to align catalogue prices with today’s competitive market.
- The various Machin issues are now listed in a new dedicated section for ease of use and reference.
- Provides a straightforward simplified, richly illustrated listing of every Great Britain stamp from the famous Penny Black up to the end of 2020.
- Your complete introduction to GB stamp collecting.
- All commemorative designs illustrated
- A handy self-contained reference guide for the collector.
- A helpful introduction with advice on how to build a collection, choose an album and mount stamps, survey guide to philatelic accessories and the Stanley Gibbons numbering system.
- Stanley Gibbons prices are recognised everywhere as the standard guide to stamp values.
- Watermark and perforation differences included.
- Post Office year books, PHQ cards, postage dues, official stamps, commemorative and traffic light gutter pairs and much more.
- Design index for commemorative issues from 1924 to aid stamp identification.
- Quick-reference listing of all Prestige Stamp Booklets, 1969-2020.
- Regional stamps of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales included.
- Visible plate numbers on the Victorian issues are listed.
- Pre-postal independence issues of Isle of Man (1958-71), Guernsey (1941-69) and Jersey (1941-69), including the war time occupation issues of Guernsey and Jersey
- First day covers for definitives from 1936, regionals and all special issues listed and priced.
- Graphite lined and phosphor issues are included.
Detailed Contents/Countries Covered
- Great Britain, 1840–2020
- Regional Issues:
2. Northern Ireland
- Isle of Man, 1958-71
- Channel Islands
1. General Issue, 1948
2. Guernsey, 1941-69
3. Jersey, 1941-69
- Postage Due Stamps
- Royal Mail Postage Labels
- Official Stamps
- Post & Go Stamps
- Philatelic, Numismatic and Philatelic Medallic Covers issued by the Royal Mail
- Quick-reference listing of Prestige Stamp Booklets