There have been a number of new listings among earlier stamps, but the major development is the addition of government telegraph stamps.
In Burma this comprises just one set, but the Ceylon listings have added 8 new pages to the catalogue, with clear colour illustrations of the various overprint and surcharge types.
This section also includes watermark varieties and the telegraph stamps of India used in Ceylon between 1869 and 1880.
- The authoritative priced listing of the stamps of Bangladesh, Pakistan (including Bahawalpur) and Ceylon/Sri Lanka, from the earliest colonial stamp of Ceylon (1857) to date, all to a level of detail familiar to users of the Part 1 British Commonwealth listings.
- Fully priced listings of booklets, official stamps and the postal fiscals and the Parliament stamps of Sri Lanka.
- On-cover ‘multipliers’ are provided for all stamps to 1945.
- Major plate flaws, watermark varieties, errors, paper, watermark and perforation changes and ‘Specimen’ overprints all fully listed and priced.
- Comprehensive introduction and international philatelic glossary.
- Prices fully revised and updated throughout.
- Numerous additions and revisions to the listings of earlier issues.
- Prices for issues up to 1970 have been taken from the 2015 Commonwealth and British Empire Stamps 1840-1970 catalogue.
- Later issues have been specially updated for this catalogue.
Detailed Contents/Countries Covered
- Burma (1937-47)
- Japanese Occupation of Burma (1942-4)
- Sri Lanka