- New first edition of the popular Arabia catalogue.
- Updated design indexes for Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman and United Arab Emirates to aid the collector in identifying and cataloguing their collection.
- Fully priced listings of Indian stamps used in Bahrain and Muscat.
- Revised version of the International Philatelic Glossary in five languages (English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Arabic).
- Prices fully revised with advice from specialist dealers to reflect current market conditions
Detailed Contents/Countries Covered
Information is provided at the beginning of each country, covering history, early stamp issues and currency changes, this information is designed to aid the collector in identifying their stamps and also to provide an historical reference for the stamp listings.
Apart from the stamps of the current issuing countries, the Stanley Gibbons Arabia Catalogue covers a number of other areas of interest:
- Abu Dhabi
- Aden (including Kathiri State of Seiyun and Qu’aiti State in Hadhramaut)
- Aman (including Manama)
- British Postal Agencies in Eastern Arabia
- Ras al Khaima
- Saudi Arabia (including Hejaz, Nejdi Occupation of Hejaz, Hejaz & Nejd)
- Sharjah and Dependencies
- South Arabia Federation (including Kathiri State of Seiyun, Qu’aiti State in Hadhramaut and Mahra Sultanate of Qishn and Socotra)
- Trucial States
- Umm al Qiwain
- United Arab Emirates
- Yemen (including Southern Yemen and Upper Yafa)
Current stamp issuing countries listed and updated in the catalogue include:
- Bahrain – updated to February 2014
- Kuwait – November 2014
- Oman – November 2014
- Qatar – January 2015
- Saudi Arabia – October 2014
- United Arab Emirates – December 2014
- Yemen Republic – January 2013