The Stanley Gibbons Canada and Provinces Catalogue is a detailed and highly informative catalogue, ideal for any collector who specialises in the stamps of this area.
- Includes the early colonial stamps of British Columbia & Vancouver Island (1860-71), Colony of Canada (1851-64), New Brunswick (1851-63), Newfoundland (1857-1949), Nova Scotia (1851-63) and Prince Edward Island (1861-72)
- Canada stamps from 1868 to 2019
- Watermark varieties, shades, plate flaws and major errors are included
- Booklets and postage dues for Canada and Newfoundland and Registration stamps and Officials for Canada
- Crowned-circle ‘PAID’ handstamps for Quebec, St Johns (Newfoundland) and Amherst and St Margarets (Nova Scotia)
- Official stamps include the ‘five’ and ‘four-hole’ OHMS perfins as well as the ‘OHMS’ and ‘G’ overprints on postage and special delivery stamps
Detailed Contents / Countries Covered:
A priced listing of Canadian stamps from the early colonial stamps of Canada, British Columbia & Vancouver Island, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island, followed by the issues of the Dominion of Canada to date.
Details of issues up to 1970 have been extracted from the Stanley Gibbons 2020 Commonwealth and British Empire Stamp Catalogue.
Later issues have been updated and re-priced for this edition.
Apart from the stamps of the current issuing country, the Stanley Gibbons Canada and Provinces Catalogue covers a number of other areas of interest:
- British Columbia & Vancouver Island (1860
- Vancouver Island (1865)
- British Columbia (1865-71)
- Colony of Canada (1851-64)
- New Brunswick (1851-63)
- Newfoundland (1857-1949)
- Nova Scotia (1851-63)
- Prince Edward Island (1861-72)
- Dominion of Canada (1868-2019)
- Stamp Booklets (1900-2019)
- Registration Stamps (1875-92)
- Special Delivery Stamps (1898-1946)
- Postage Due Stamps (1906-78)
New for this edition:
- Notes have been expanded and improved both within the listings and in the introduction to the catalogue
- New issues updated to September 2019
- Prices throughout the catalogue have ben carefully revised and updated
- The prominent re-entry on the 1c. ‘Arch’ definitive of 1930 has been added