Due to popular demand and the growth seen in the Chinese philatelic market Stanley Gibbons are publishing an updated edition of their comprehensive China catalogue.
The catalogue contains detailed and up to date listings of all current stamp issuing countries (China, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan) as well as many other areas of interest including Japanese Occupation of China, Kiachow, Kwangchow, Manchukuo and Tibet.
Prices have been thoroughly revised throughout by leading experts in the field.
KEY SELLING FEATURES:
• Prices have been thoroughly revised by leading experts in the field
• Revised version of the International Philatelic Glossary now including Chinese (traditional) and Chinese (simplified) as well as English, French and German
• A helpful guide included to aid the collector in using the catalogue
• Contact details are provided for societies with an interest in China
• Updated design indexes for China, People’s Republic, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan to aid the collector in identifying their stamps
DETAILED CONTENTS/COUNTRIES COVERED:
The Stanley Gibbons China Catalogue is the only catalogue published in English which covers all the stamp issues of China in a single volume. It is a detailed and highly informative catalogue, ideal for any collector who specialises in the stamps of this area.
Information is provided at the beginning of each country, covering history, early stamp issues and currency changes, this information is designed to aid the collector in identifying their stamps and also to provide an historical reference for the stamp listings.
Apart from the stamps of the current issuing countries, the Stanley Gibbons China Catalogue covers a number of other areas of interest:
• Municipal Posts of Treaty Ports
• Chinese Empire
• Chinese Imperial Post
• Chinese Republic
• Chinese Provinces
• Communist China
• Japanese Occupation of China
• British Post Offices in China
• China Expeditionary Force
• French Post Offices in China
• German Post Offices in China
• Indo-Chinese Post Offices
• Italian Post Office
• Japanese Post Offices
• Russian Post Offices
• United States Postal Agency in Shanghai
• Chinese Post Offices in Korea
• Japanese Occupation of Hong Kong
• British Post Office in Macao
Current stamp issuing countries listed and updated in the catalogue include:
• People’s Republic of China (listed to April 2018)
• Hong Kong (May 2018)
• Macao (May 2018)
• Taiwan (May 2018)