This all colour catalogue provides a straightforward, simplified listing of every British stamp from the Penny Black to the end of 2018, with all commemorative designs illustrated for ease of use. With fully updated listing of the popular Post & Go stamps and a fully priced list of Royal Mail Philatelic, Numismatic and Medallic covers.
With the renumbering of the Security Machins and the extensive repricing of Elizabethan issues, this is an edition which no GB collector can do without.
KEY SELLING FEATURES:
• Provides a straightforward simplified, richly illustrated listing of every Great Britain stamp from the famous Penny Black up to the end of 2018.
• Your complete introduction to GB stamp collecting.
• All commemorative designs illustrated.
• A handy self-contained reference guide for the collector.
• A helpful introduction with advice on how to build a collection, choose an album and mount stamps, survey guide to philatelic accessories and the Stanley Gibbons numbering system.
• Stanley Gibbons prices are recognised everywhere as the standard guide to stamp values.
• Watermark and perforation differences included.
• Post Office year books, PHQ cards, postage dues, official stamps, commemorative and traffic light gutter pairs and much more.
• Design index for commemorative issues from 1924 to aid stamp identification.
• Quick-reference listing of all Prestige Stamp Booklets, 1969-2018.
• Regional stamps of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales included.
• Pre-postal independence issues of Isle of Man (1958-71), Guernsey (1941-69) and Jersey (1941-69), including the war time occupation issues of Guernsey and Jersey.
• First day covers for definitives from 1936, regionals and all special issues listed and priced.
• Visible plate numbers on the Victorian issues are listed.
• Graphite lined and phosphor issues are included.
New for this edition:
• Complete listings of all 2018 issues.
• Prices have been carefully reviewed throughout. There are increases in all sections, but also a large number of reductions, bringing catalogue prices into line with today’s competitive market.
• The ‘Security’ Machins (with ‘U’ number prefixes) have been completely renumbered in order to remove suffix letters and to minimise future changes. A complete listing, cross-referencing former and new numbers is provided.
DETAILED CONTENTS/COUNTRIES COVERED:
• Great Britain, 1840–2018
• Regional Issues:
2. Northern Ireland
• Isle of Man, 1958–71
• Channel Islands
1. General Issue, 1948
2. Guernsey, 1941–69
3. Jersey, 1941–69
• Postage Due Stamps
• Royal Mail Postage Labels
• Official Stamps
• Post & Go Stamps
• Philatelic, Numismatic and Philatelic Medallic Covers issued by Royal Mail
• Quick-reference priced listing of Prestige Stamp Booklets