The Stanley Gibbons St. Helena, Ascension Island and Tristan da Cunha Catalogue is a detailed and highly informative catalogue, ideal for any collector who specialises in the stamps of this area.
• Ascension, including booklets and postage due stamps
• St. Helena, including booklets and postage due stamps
• Tristan da Cunha, including booklets, postal fiscal stamps and postage due stamps
New issue listings have been updated as follows:
• Ascension – updated to April 2017
• St. Helena – updated to November 2016
• Tristan da Cunha – updated to April 2017
KEY SELLING FEATURES:
• Comprehensive priced listing of all stamps from early issues of St. Helena (1856) to date.
• Handy size and format – attractive layout - easy to use.
• Comprehensive introductory section to guide readers through the catalogue.
• Prices have been revised throughout with a great many increases among the definitive issues up to the first sets of Queen Elizabeth, Great Britain used in Ascension and the commemorative's of the last few years. Errors and varieties in particular show significant rises, with the 4d. ‘Mountaineer’ flaw of Ascension (SG 42da) up from £850 to £1000.
• Listings for issues up to 1970 are based on the 2018 Commonwealth and British Empire Stamps catalogue; later issues have been specially updated and repriced for this catalogue.
• Fully illustrated in colour.
• On cover “multipliers” provided for all stamps to 1945, to allow calculation of prices for stamps on cover.
• Watermark varieties, plate flaws, major errors, perforation changes, shades, postage due stamps and booklets are all listed and priced.
• Includes Great Britain stamps used in Ascension before Ascension stamps became available.
• Includes the popular pre-stamp cachets (handstamps) of Tristan da Cunha.
• New for this edition: Among the newly listed plate flaws are the ‘Boulder’ on the 6d. and 10s. George VI stamps of Ascension and the ‘Storm over Rock’ variety on certain values in the 1922-37 ‘Badge’ stamps of St. Helena.