Stanley Gibbons Stamp Catalogue New Zealand & Dependencies 6th Edition 2016
The Stanley Gibbons 2016 New Zealand Catalogue 6th Edition is a detailed and highly informative catalogue, ideal for any collector who specialises in the stamps of this area. This catalogue provides a comprehensive priced listing of all New Zealand stamps from the early colonial stamps of 1855 to July 2016. It includes Antarctic Expeditions, Tokelau and Ross as well as other islands and dependencies.
Apart from the stamps of the current issuing country, the Stanley Gibbons New Zealand Catalogue covers a number of other areas of interest:
• New Zealand Stamp Design Index from 1946
• New Zealand Stamp Booklets and Premium Booklets
• Express Delivery Stamps, Postage Due Stamps, Official Stamps, Life Insurance Department and Postal Fiscal Stamps
• Antarctic Expeditions (Victoria Land)
• Ross Dependency
• Tokelau Islands
• Aitutaki (New Zealand Dependency, 1903–27)
• Cook Islands (British Protectorate, 1892–9)
• Cook Islands (New Zealand Territory, 1901–65)
• Niue (New Zealand Dependency, 1902–74)
• Penrhyn Island (New Zealand Dependency, 1902–29)
• Western Samoa (Independent Kingdom, 1877–1900)
• Western Samoa (New Zealand Occupation, 1914–19)
• Western Samoa (League of Nations Mandate, 1920–46)
• Western Samoa (United Nations Trust Territory, 1952–8)
New issues are updated:
• New Zealand (updated to July 2016)
• Ross Dependency (updated to November 2015)
• Tokelau Islands (updated to ??)
KEY SELLING FEATURES:
• Prices have been extensively revised throughout the catalogue with hundreds of increases throughout all periods from the Chalon heads to modern issues. Some very significant increases have been recorded, making this catalogue a vital acquisition for all New Zealand collectors.
• A comprehensive index of commemorative and pictorial stamps since 1946 will allow individual stamps to be easily identified.
• The Crowned Circle ‘Paid at’ handstamps in use at offices prior to the arrival of the first stamps are listed and priced.
• A fully priced listing is provided for New Zealand stamps used on Pitcairn Island prior to the issue of its own stamps in 1940 and there is a detailed list of stamps known used at the New Zealand postal agencies on Fanning and Washington Islands.
• Watermark varieties, shades, plate flaws, major errors, booklets, express delivery stamps, postage dues, Life Insurance Department stamps and postal fiscals are all included.
• As well as New Zealand itself, the catalogue lists the stamps of the Antarctic Expeditions, the dependencies of Tokelau and Ross and the pre-independence issues of former dependencies; Cook Islands, Aitutaki, Penrhyn, Niue and Western Samoa.
• Colour illustrations throughout.
• The listings for issues up to 1970 have been extracted from the 2016 edition of the Stanley Gibbons Commonwealth and British Empire Stamps 1840-1970. Later issues have been revised and updated especially for this volume.
• A comprehensive introduction gives a full guide to the catalogue and provides helpful information to collectors at every level.
• An easy-to-use ‘on-cover’ multiplier table allows the value of stamps on cover up to1945 to be assessed.
NEW FOR THIS EDITION
• A number of varieties have been added, including three new constant flaws on the 1d. ‘Dominion’, which, alone, provide 23 new listings. Others include missing colours, inverted watermarks and perforation varieties on earlier issues.
• The overprints on the Antarctic Expeditions stamps are all now illustrated.
• New notes added throughout – from the ‘General Introduction and Guidelines’ onwards – including one on identifying the chalk-surfaced paper varieties on the 1969 Life Insurance Department stamps and another on the multiple ‘Kiwi’ printings.
• The listing of the 2009 ‘Kiwistamps’ has been revised to show the sheet, coil and booklet stamps separately.
• There is an expended note on the Customised Advertising Labels (CALs).
Stock Statuses explained:
- In Stock - This item is in stock and will usually ship within a few days of receipt of cleared payment
- In Stock, Some Options may be unavailable - This item is usually stocked however some colours may not be currently available
- Available to Order - This item may need to be ordered in and this usually happens within 7 business days
- Advance Order - This is a new item and has either not been produced yet or stock is on it's way
- Special Order - This item is not generally stocked by us or the wholesaler and may take 6+ weeks to receive stock
Notification of unavailability or extended delays for ordered items will usually be provided within a few days of receiving your order.